41 things to do before I turn 42
Last update-May 2, 2012–the one year evaluation!!
get website up and running
learn how to twitter
create FB fan page
write more articles on blog-biz & send newsletter!!
5. write hope notes—I kept thinking I would take the afternoon and stroll around leaving lovely little notes…but you know what I never did. And I see it really doesn’t have to be separate from my normal activities. I can still do this–while I’m going about my normal day to day stuff. AND I really want to. If you’d like you can read about my friend who did this.
6. submit articles to magazines-ie Stampington co-submit studio–I just wasn’t ready. And I’m still not ready-although my studio IS shaping up nicely
open etsy shop-offer prints of work, embroidery pdfs, mural pdfs
connect with mentor artists
9. participate in craft show–I have given this a lot of thought. I am going to be in the Fall AOY show here in Yardley. I wanted to participate last year and just couldn’t get it together–but I did take 3 framed prints over while the show was going on–and guess what?! They sold in the first 2 hours! I was so excited!!
take a class
attend a workshop
12. takelife drawing — I want to admit something to you. I thought about this basically every Monday when the email note would go around about the week’s lesson-and I was a bit intimidated. I thought there would be all these amazing artists -oil painters and the like–there and I would feel deflated and inadequate. That’s never a good reason to not do something. I read that Susan Branch (one of my very favorite artists) drew people in magazines to help sharpen her skills and develop-so I did do that. Every time the new Anthro catalogue came I sat and spent a little time sketching out poses and gestures. But I still want to go to the class. I talked with someone last week about it and he mentioned that they do the quick poses on the first Monday of the month. That’s what I really enjoy is the quick line drawings and practicing. Life drawing was my favorite class in college-once I got past the nudity-I was a shy little thing. I relished the 4 hour slot of quiet to sketch –and all else melted away. So you know the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt–“You must do the thing you think you cannot do”-Gotta get my rear to that life drawing class.
13. participate in studio tour— I’m doing this in OCTOBER! So come on over would ya? The studio is ready to go!
read more/watch tv less
pray more/worry less
perfect my pie crust5
learn to make biscuits-I made a batch but they were not good. They came out so flat! I mentioned this to my dear friend who is an amazing cook and she thinks maybe I rolled them out too much. Another friend passed along her family recipe–so what AM I waiting for?? Once I get it down I want to take pics and illustrate the recipe I use! HOW fun would that be?
18. go camping again!–We did have reservations last year, and the park called and had to cancel them…because a tree FELL on someone and they died, so the park was closing for a while to clear out trees. We never got around to making new reservations….but I still want to go. Perhaps a different park? Hmmm.
read the Bible
take a vacation
21. play hookie with hubbby-go to the beach for the day–why did I not do this?? We did start going on 2-4 dates a month though-now that we have a teenager who can stay with her little sis. Sometimes we go to dinner, or the movies, or once we even went to the gym!
plant favorite flowers: daffodils, hydrangeas, peonies, daisies
run Broad Street—Ok-I really don’t like to run, why did I put this on my list!? That’s the conclusion I came up with–But I really LOVE going to the gym though. If the weather is too cold, rainy, hot, humid or…well-you name it-I’m out. I’m crossing that off and not looking back!
workout regularly–this needs to be more specific & measurable–the new one is get to the gym 4 days a week. I feel the best when I don’t sacrifice my workout. I feel better, look better, and I’m not so grumpy!
hear live music
26. have family photo made- I really don’t like having my picture made– We have it scheduled for June 3 with Brae!
have a day alone with each of the girls
29. learn to knit-I didn’t do it-AGAIN!! I have wanted to learn to knit for 20 years. It just seems so meditative.
30. redo bedroom & dressing room in process!
purge closets-clothes closet first
connect with illustrators in my area
33. go on a spiritual retreat read about it here—
get another licensing gig
35. do another collection for dish & spoon
36. go to flea market/auction
37. do press release — Ok–I bought a book about doing a press release, but alas have not written it yet
38. sew curtains– now I just tell my husband that they are supposed to “pool” on the floor, but he doesn’t believe me.
39. submit sketchbook to Cindy Ann @Blue Penny
volunteer in community
41. design & produce own Christmas card–I had such good intentions….didn’t even get it DRAWN!!
Things I started I want to continue to do:
1. bible study
2. embrace each season for the beauty it holds
3. be comfortable in own skin
4. be thankful for all things-wake up each morning in prayer & thanksgiving
5. make my health & fitness a priority
6. strive for balance-in work, home, exercise
7. challenge myself to a more disciplined lifestyle
8. educate myself on fitness & nutrition & preventative care
9. stay true and authentic to my vision for my life and business
10. save more/ spend less
11. enjoy small luxuries-
12. less multitasking-more focus on each moment
13. nurture loving friendships
14. Continue with Illustration Friday
Work things I want to do:
1. do curly girl series-art
2. do triathlon series-art
3. do yoga series-art
4. submit art to greeting card companies